Saturday, February 13, 2010

Colton's First 2010 Visit




Colton was able to come to TN to visit last week. I took off from work and flew to WI to pick him up on Wednesday 2/3. This was my first flight all alone and so I was a little nervous. Everything went perfectly smooth. After I picked up Colton and we got back on the plane to head to TN he laid down in my lap and fell right to sleep. He slept the entire flight to TN. We spent the night at our house that night and Grandmomma (Joyce) and Grandaddy (Wayne) came up to visit and pick up our dog, Phoebe to stay with them during Colton's stay. Emily, Timothy's sister also came over to visit. Colton makes himself right at home when he comes to visit. He was busy playing and kicking a ball which was one of his many tricks. On Thursday Colton and I went to Timothy's work to visit him for a while and Colton got to walk around one of the airplane hangers. He really enjoyed this part and I know Timothy enjoyed getting to show him the airplanes. Thursday evening JuJu (Judy) and Buddy (steve) came up for a visit. Friday was my sister, Anna's birthday so Colton and I went with Grandmomma and Grandaddy to have lunch with Anna. It was a total surprise to Anna and we really had a great time. Colton was wonderful at the restaurant and afterwards we went to get ice cream and he really enjoyed that and being able to put candy on his ice cream. Friday evening we went to Mt. Pleasant for the weekend and Colton got to socialize with everyone there. He really liked to look outside at JuJu and Buddy's donkeys and the cows next door. Colton gets to do pretty much whatever he wants when he is in TN so he enjoyed plenty of Valentine's day candy and a lot of watching an Elmo video over and over. He still has music in his blood and has to dance anytime music comes on. Sunday I flew Colton back to WI. It was an anxious trip because I only had about 35 min in between my flights so I had to go drop him off and get back through security for my next flight. Luckily the weather was good and there were no delays so I made it safely back to TN on Sunday night. We had a wonderful time with Colton. He is developing such a personality and he loves his Daddy so much (and his LaLa too). He likes to always know where his Daddy is and when nap or bedtime comes around he still loves to crawl in a lap with his blankie to go to sleep. We can't wait for his next visit so we can love on him more!